Increase CTR and Decrease Bounce Rate
This article will guide you on boosting your CTR and reducing bounce rate, two crucial factors in SEO. Every blogger aspires to achieve high CTR and low bounce rates, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you attain this goal.
These two factors play an important role in the ranking of a blog post. Click-through rate (CTR) can be obtained by dividing the total number of clicks by the total number of impressions. For example, if impressions are 100 and clicks are 8 then CTR is 8%. Bounce Rate can be obtained by dividing single-page sessions by all sessions or “the percentage of visitors to the website that viewed only one page”. CTR along with the bounce rate determines the value of a page. CTR can also be increased by using the deceptive title but what will happen is that users will land on the page and then leave from the same page. Therefore not only CTR but also bounce rate is important.
Besides the title, the following factors result in a better CTR value.
- The site should load in seconds
- If you are in the first position of a search engine, think of thousands of users clicking at the same time. Switch to a better hosting option in this case.
- Give great attention to optimizing your Meta description. This is as important as the title.
- Use structured data in your posts.
- Make the URL as short as possible. The use of breadcrumbs is more recommended.
In most cases, the content of the post is very nice but the title is not attractive and the users, therefore, don’t click on that blog post in search results. If we could be able to use multiple titles and then use only the best-performing title. You will be amazed to know that this is possible. And it’s not only possible but also very easy for WordPress users. There is a Plugin by the name of “Title Experiments Free”. Yes, this is a free Plugin that not only allows you to use multiple titles but also suggests titles for you.
This Plugin after installing and activating do the rest of the complicated task. It tracks the users arriving at your site on a particular title and then shows you the best-performing title. You can skip the poorly performing titles and stick to the best-performing ones.
Decrease Bounce Rate
The title of the post plays a vital role in pursuing the user to click on your blog post. But you should avoid just providing a beautiful blog post title and not concentrating on the rest of the stuff in your post. Your blog title must be by the contents of the post. You should provide what you claim to provide. Yes, it would be best if you also concentrate on reducing the bounce rate. This can be achieved by engaging the users with another blog post. Showing them related posts is one of the best methods to keep them engaged. High CTR and low bounce rate will surely boost your blog SEO. Click here if you are interested in how to show related posts in WordPress.
Besides showing the relevant post to users following things will also help decrease the bounce rate.
- Improve Site Navigation
- Make Website Mobile Friendly
- If you have implemented HTTPS, make sure to deal with mixed contents
- Make your site load faster
- Don’t use excessive and annoying Popups
- Improve the design of your website
- Make sure to have a good score on readability
- Keep your content fresh and updated
- Provide value to your visitors by providing useful content
- Target only your desired audience
- Ad placement improvements
- Build the trust of your visitors
- Fix broken links
- Offer links to the most popular posts on your site on 404 pages
There are many factors contributing to the image of your site in search engines. Click-through rate (CTR) and Bounce Rate were the main topics of this discussion. We hope it will help you increase CTR and decrease the bounce rate. We have also written other useful articles on SEO, read them for covering all aspects of improving the site performance in Google.