How to Install a Plugin in WordPress
The plugin is used to add extra features and functionality in WordPress. It consists of a group of related functions written in PHP programming language. This article describes step by step explanation of how to install a plugin in WordPress.
To Install a plugin there are three most common methods.
- Download the plugin in zip format
- Upload it in Cpanel in Public html>Wp-Contents>Plugins
- Extract the zipped file in the same Plugin folder in Cpanel
- Then go to your WordPress dashboard and click on plugins.
- Look for the plugin name over here. It will appear here and you need to just activate it.
- Select plugins in WordPress dashboard
- Click on Add New
- Search for the plugin name in WordPress plugin repository. The plugin name will appear as you type its name in the search box.
- Click on install and then click on activate. Have a look at the following diagrams for further details.
- Download the plugin in zip format.
- Select Plugins in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on ad new plugin. Select upload plugin.
- Choose the file from your pc and click on install. This process is shown in the following figures.