Hide Hard Drive Partition in Windows?
This article explains in detail the complete process of how to hide hard drive partition in windows. A step by step procedure, along with relevant screen shots, is provided to better understand the topic. The idea behind hiding disk partition is removing its drive letters. Windows shows each partition by drive letter or symbol. If it has no symbol it will not be displayed.
Why you need to hide hard drive partition in windows?
Hiding drive partition is very useful to prevent unknown file loss in window. This prevents data from accidental deletion by non expert computer users or kids. It has a list of other advantages also including partition loss and protecting privacy and confidential files.
- Right Click on My Computer and select
- Select Disk Management in Computer Management
or type “diskmgmt.msc in Run
- Right click on the drive you want to hide and click “Change Driver Letter and Paths”
- The drive letter will already be selected. Select it if not and select remove.
- Click ok to remove the drive letter
- Press Windows + R button.
- Type “diskpart” in Run to open diskpart.
- Enter the command “List vol” to list all available volumes
- Enter the command “select vol x” to select the volume you want to hide. X is the number of volume
- Enter the command “remove letter x” to remove its letter. X is the drive letter of the selected volume
If you want to unhide the volume, enter the command “assign letter d” in place of “remove letter x”
This was all about “how to hide drive partition in windows”. Hope you understand the topic. Try it with your own PC. If you have any problem while practically doing it, share it in comment section. We will try to answer your question as soon as possible.